POV display spins 360 degrees. The purpose of POV display project is to create a small apparatus that will create a visual using only a small number of LEDs as it spins in a circle. When the LEDs rotate several times around a point in less than a second, the human eye reaches its limit of motion perception and creates an illusion of a continuous image.
The pictures generated by the spinning LEDs are coordinated by an Arduino UNO microcontroller. A Hall Effect sensor is used in conjunction with a strong magnet so that the microcontroller can receive a reference point as to when it should start outputting the visual during each rotation. The RPM of motor, diameter of LED’s decides the POV phenomena.
- Arduino UNO
- Hall Effect Sensor
- Magnet Piece
- 8 Single Color LEDs
- 9V Battery with Arduino Cap
- 12V 1000RPM motor
- 10k ohm resistor
- 8 * 330 ohm resistors
Arduino Connections :
My Model :
How does it produce letters?
To display a particular character, the LEDs would light at a certain time and produce a particular letter as shown above.
Have a look at my Propeller Clock :
Being a Python enthusiast and a bit lazy to click on Evaluate button and then Print Report button to print all my Elab reports, idea struck my mind to use Selenium WebDriver API to automate a python script which asks MathsLab No. , Register Number and Password over a python GUI and further prints all reports to a folder created on respective PATH.
What we need :
1. Tkinter – Python module to create GUIs
2. Selenium WebDriver API
3. Chrome Driver or PhantomJS with PATH.
4. Extract web-elements ID’s, X-Paths, ClassName.
How to install Python Modules?
pip install tkinter
pip install -U selenium
How to download Chrome Driver?
Choose your OS. Download and copy its local path and paste in the script.
Steps to run script –
1. Save the script on desktop and open in IDLE or your desired Python editor.
2. Change the path of ChromeDriver with the path of your ChromeDriver
3. Make a folder and copy the path in the script. This is the folder where all prints would be stored.
3. Run the script. 😀
4. 1 min 35 sec and its done 😀
My Printed Reports 😀
Watch it work 😀